Sunday, April 21, 2013

Vox Clamantis in Deserto

Vox Clamantis in Deserto

(If there be any fear I fear most, I fear myself the most)


Whilst strolling down the purple moor,
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEikV5sv0iCx4ehQaJZilL0umySJc56mDL_o2Ihkp5q7aCKRZp2ALhmtq52yUhWxyTsWa_9ucgRHtZKD9aZlTURjWv8C-rlYn4VAx4RDM6zEjrc5rn_UYKW_iC9WJLF0q7NdJIqcCTlL2gTQ/s1600/Gothic-jugra+(gothicwallz.blogspot.com).jpgAmong the chilly winter fogs that eve;
I saw no men (nor any women either), along the frosty moor,
As far as my vision could perceive.

Like dancing ghouls the trees did stand,
Vicious shadowy figures of a lofty height;
It chilled my bones and froze my hand,
Like a daunted dream of a ghastly night.

Among the gusty trees, I heard a sound,( or  maybe from somewhere farer)
Startled, yet not to fear, I tried so hard;
Was that the howl of a bloody hound,
Or a piquant tune of a lonely bard?

The eerie winds brought to my numbing ear,
Sinful melancholous wails from the wild;
It rattled my ruffled soul with fear,
And left me dismayed as a lone child.

I heard cries of agony and of pain,
Oft of despair, filled with a morbid tear;
Looked for the one lamenting, yet in vain,
For I saw no soul upon, far and near.

A thought sinister came to my frightened mind,
That it was my deepest fear, I just heed;( fear from self, howsoever awkward it may seem)
For some soul I looked for, yet never did find,
Alas! It was not a cry from the wilderness,
But of my heart instead.

                                                                    G.K

2 comments:

Neeruda said...

Good use of vocabulary, theme also catchy but content needs to be tightened somewhat. consider that.

Gautam said...

@ neeruda, thanks and I'll try my best to tighten my next works.